View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kazmara
Count

re: In Need of Heros -- Faydark's Desperate Plea

Fellow VC, a courier arrived with the utmost sense of urgency.  She delivered a notebook to the Camp and bid me to spread word to all the VC.  It reads:

I, Ethnae, humble priestess of Rodcet Nife, send forth an urgent plea for a hero to rescue Faydark, in our darkest hour.  

Alas, the Light of the Forest has been seized and taken from us by servants of evil; intent on utterly destroying the Light of the Forest  --  forever.  

In the fading of the Elder Age, a divine artifact - the Light of the Forest, was entrusted into the care and keeping of the Faerie.  

Tunare and Tarew Marr have long blessed our home, Faydark, with water and seed ensuring the forest's existence; but it is the Light of the Forest than ensures what grows there is good and peaceful.

If this gift of the gods were to be destroyed, so too would the balance of Light and Dark in Faydark be destroyed.  All of Faydark, our home and the remnant of our gentle folk, would become lost to the Dark!

The artifact, being divine in nature, cannot be physically destroyed;  however its power can be drained indirectly through the use of  dark magic on its guardian host, Apolathne.  She and two of her novices were also taken along with the artifact to Mistmoore Crag Manor. 

The Manor is heavily guarded by followers of Cazic-Thule and Bertoxxulous - enemies of all that is good.  Through fear they control the lives of others using pain, misery, violence, torture and living sacrifice as their tools.  

We fear for the survival of the Light of the Forest, the guardian host, her novices and dread what may have befallen them in such an evil place!  

Apolathne should be able to maintain a warding protection over herself and the artifact for a period of time; but that time is swiftly running out! 

We have found a breach in the lowest dungeon wall of Mistmoore Manor that will allow us to enter the Manor without approaching from the front gate.  

The breach is small enough to be of no concern to the denizens there, but has proven to be large enough to allow small creatures to gain access.

A  few brave warriors have taken up this quest and have not returned!  Alas, our warriors are too few to send more as we have not enough to protect even our own homes.  

We beseech you in the name of all Faydark to send a hero to rescue Apolathne and her divine charge, the Light of the Forest.  

By the time you read this, I will have set my course to the Manor's breech to await any that might respond to our noble cause.

This is our most desperate hour.  

We need a hero to help Fae, oh be one! 

You're our only hope.

I will prepare myself to answer this plea for help!  Is anyone with me on this?  I have scheduled a meeting on Friday evening 7PM EST for any VC that wish to join me in a quest to rescue Faydark in her darkest hour!

I left the notebook on the round table in the guild hall for all to read.

Blessed are those who can laugh at themselves for they will never cease to be amused.

OotSKforever
Count

By Brell's Hammer, we must not let the great Light of the Forest be extinguished, lest all of Norrath fall into darkness and despair!

I offer to be of service in this grand and sacred task, and shall be present at the appointed time.

Thanks be to ye for bringin' this to our attention, Kazzie!  For Norrath!  For the VC!

In duty and honor,

Muira

Yes balance must be maintained and Faydark preserved!

You can count on the assistance of Drumr and Daelith to assist you in this mission.

/this.will.be.EPIC!/

Ijlicha - WoT
VCNews - VC EQOA
Kwonre - VC EQ2
Dambro
Founder

Good luck VC

I will be embarking on an EPIC adventure of my own: "Date night with the Wife!"

Ryverwyynd
Count

Dambro wrote:

Good luck VC

I will be embarking on an EPIC adventure of my own: "Date night with the Wife!"

I may be doing the same thing this Friday.  Except my wipe,  not Dambro's. ;)

Looking forward to tonight's adventures.  Looks like there will be 5 of us to rescue Faydark!

Sorry that not everyone can make it for the "premier" run.  I finally finished the dungeon and am excited to try it out, I had an absolute BLAST doing this!!  I have lots of plans this spring and I wanted to get this out there before it was too late.  I am painting the living room and dining room this weekend and next weekend is the holiday.

What's cool is that the "event" is a dungeon created through the Dungeon Maker feature, so we can run it any time we want or as often as we want... the RP effects are in the dungeon itself (including the notebook left by the courier) so if there are no "spoilers" it'll be exactly the same!  It's open to the entire realm, so I left all the RP stuff in tact for anyone else that might run it.

When it went through testing, it appears to award around 300+ dungeon marks! 

Blessed are those who can laugh at themselves for they will never cease to be amused.

toniitonii
Knight

I believe one of the hopalongs should be able to make it tonight.

Ahddubiinot [Lvl 20, Froglok Monk]
Melogiinot [Lvl 20, Froglok Channeler]
Pazziinot [Lvl 20, Froglok Wizard]
Erutusiinot [Lvl 20, Froglok Warden]
toniitonii
Knight

Whew!  Praise Marr for amphibian regeneration!

Looking forward to another run at it!

Ahddubiinot [Lvl 20, Froglok Monk]
Melogiinot [Lvl 20, Froglok Channeler]
Pazziinot [Lvl 20, Froglok Wizard]
Erutusiinot [Lvl 20, Froglok Warden]
VCNews
Count

I have no idea what they are feeding those rats and spiders but I WANT some! Daelith farms level 30-35 normals (in groups) and can handle small groups of 22-25 heroic mobs if all of his cooldowns are up. Those 'blue' spiders insta-killed me!

Great, now Daelith has Arachnophobia!

Ijlicha - WoT
VCNews - VC EQOA
Kwonre - VC EQ2
OotSKforever
Count

VCNews wrote:
I have no idea what they are feeding those rats and spiders but I WANT some! Daelith farms level 30-35 normals (in groups) and can handle small groups of 22-25 heroic mobs if all of his cooldowns are up. Those 'blue' spiders insta-killed me!

Great, now Daelith has Arachnophobia!

Lol

I had a blast.  It reminded me of the old days when the VC would go after mobs way too high and zerg our way to beating that mob down one bub at a time   Kinda like the Tomb of Kings in EQOA.

Thank you Kaz for building the dungeon and the time and planning you put into it.  Looking forward to another stab at it to get to see further into the dungeon and what else lays in wait for us all!

Sorry about that!  I did test it, but its hard to guess what the scaling would be for a full group of 20s.   Anyway, I made some changes and I took Kazzie through it with her bear and a healer mercenary.  I didn't have time to do the whole run, but I got about half-way through before I had to log.  I died a couple times, but I think I could get through it.  Anyway, its ready for another shot!

VCNews
Count

Kazmara wrote:

Sorry about that!  

No need to be sorry, it was a BLAST !

And besides, someone needed to put that little gnome Daelith in his place... he has been insufferable ever since he soloed that epic worm (with the help of his Merc Sweetiepie). ;)

Ijlicha - WoT
VCNews - VC EQOA
Kwonre - VC EQ2
OotSKforever
Count

VCNews wrote:
Kazmara wrote:

Sorry about that!  

No need to be sorry, it was a BLAST !

And besides, someone needed to put that little gnome Daelith in his place... he has been insufferable ever since he soloed that epic worm (with the help of his Merc Sweetiepie). ;)

What VC said!  I look forward to giving the dungeon another go!

Jump to: